Day 6 - Wrath: Seven things that piss you off.
- People who wait at their stop sign until I come to a complete stop – and then take off. They had like 30 seconds of me stopping to go about their business. But no. They feel the need to wait it out. In case I don’t stop? In case I’m in a hurry and have yet to reach the idiot quota for my day? I don’t know exactly why; but it sure irritates the crap out of me.
- Waiting. I hate fucking waiting. ESPECIALLY waiting to pay. Truth be told, I’m not real hot on paying shit to begin with. To have to wait in line to do this, truly pisses me off.
- Being in the same room with my dad while he eats. I was visiting him this last weekend and I was reminded (although I remembered very clearly already) of his disgusting eating habits. He literally makes me sick to my stomach and beyond annoyed. It trickles over into “angry” immediately and I’m snapping at him the first time he says something (with mouthful of food, in most cases). I’ve told him how much it bothers me before. I’ve refused to sit at the same table as him while eating Sunday dinner many times. He’s a sweet man, but just doesn’t think about anyone else or how disgusting he sounds and looks while eating. I’m pissed off just thinking about it right now. Seriously.
- The power struggle. How am I supposed to take part in a pissing contest when I sit down to pee?
- Doing shit because I “have to”. Everything about that makes me want to cringe. Hence, the power struggle issue, above.
- The way my mind tends to wrap reality into a pretty little box with a bow when it’s convenient. I guess that part doesn’t piss me off as much as the ‘opening of the box only to find a snake or a fucking rabid dog’ pisses me off.
- The Serenity Prayer. Because no matter how many times I say it, I can’t seem to live it.
Okay, so maybe I’ve had a rough morning. Maybe I could use the prayer and a meeting about now. Maybe I could work off some of the “pissed” if I just surrendered to the pain that causes me this anger. Maybe then I could feel it and live it and move on from it. Just maybe … maybe I can do whatever I need to do, even if it’s the last thing I want to do, because I’m a goddamn adult and that’s what they do.
That’s what they do, right?