I am a 29-year-old resident of the overrated So Cal area (it really is nothing like “The OC” – I swear). I am the mother of an insanely handsome boy named Cole. We call him “Colebert” so often he actually thinks that’s his given name.
I have a husband, a son, and 2 dogs (both boys). I’ll save you the time and do the math for you: that’s 4 boys – 1 amazing woman.
A few random facts (I’ll add as necessary to this list):
- I always put on my left shoe first.
- I go from 0 – anxiety attack within 5 minutes of walking into Ross retail store. Something about all the people and racks and unorganized clothing. Oddly enough, my own closet is a disaster and it doesn’t bother me at all.
- I had OCD as a child. I counted EVERYTHING. From the decorations on the classroom wall to the number of window panels in the school bus to (my personal favorite) the number of squares in the ceiling of the portable classrooms (very time consuming – but oh, so necessary). I can also tell you the license plate numbers of the majority of the cars that belonged to my neighbors from the 1st – 5th grade. I thought it would be helpful to know them “just in case” something bad happened. Talk about neurotic … jeezuz.
- My first experience with real, actual, unconditional love was when I adopted my dog, Dexter, in 2000. I never even knew what love was until his little face came into my life.
- I talk incredibly fast. Not “Micro-Machine Guy” fast – but fast enough that I could never work in telemarketing or in any profession that involved my being on the phone. I have been asked to slow down too many times to count. Especially if I’m angry or excited.
- I will only drink coffee that is piping hot. I usually reheat my cup of coffee (at the very least) 3 or 4 times before I finish it.
- In case it’s not painfully obvious by the time you’ve finished just one of my posts, I curse like a sailor. I clean it up around the kid, for the most part, but I generally have quite the potty mouth.