Day 4 – Sloth: Seven things you neglect to do.
It’s a good thing I’m limited to 7 things here. This could have been a really long post.
1. Fold the clothes from the dryer. I am notorious for just pushing the “start” button again when the clothes have finished drying. On any given day, it is not unlikely that the clothes in the dryer? Have spun around for 2 or more cycles. I like them to be warm when I fold them. And I don’t like to fold them. So they’re warm once every 45 minutes for about a day and a half.
2. Dishes. I effin hate the dishes. I think it’s mostly because that was my job growing up in a family of five who never rinsed their plates. I put them off until there are no clean forks left.
3. Tax receipts. I have to input every receipt my husband brings home into an excel spreadsheet for taxes each year. It should actually be done each quarter. But I do it once a year. Right before they’re due.When I say every receipt, I mean every fucking receipt. Starbucks, gasoline, lunch daily? All receipts must be entered into this spreadsheet. There are 365 days a year. At least one receipt per day – usually more than 2 per day comes out to tons of crap I need to input. If I just did it daily, or even weekly, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But nooooo… I put it off until the last second and stay up all night the night before D-Day to have them finished. Thank God for Dragon Naturally Speak software. At least now I can just vocalize the entry instead of typing and tabbing all effin night.
4. Play cars. I am constantly telling Cole I’ll be there in a minute to put off playing cars. I hate playing cars.
5. Visit my grandparents. I am so bad about going to see them even though I know I need to. They’re both getting all kinds of old and while I don’t want to regret not spending more time with them, it’s hard to see them like that. I need to suck it up and stop being so selfish.
6. Listen. I’m not very patient. If you are talking too slow or in a manner I find to be irritating? I’ll interrupt. I tend to try to end your sentence for you in an effort to speed things up a bit. Not often – but it’s really got to be annoying when it happens. Not cool. Very rude. I’m working on it … but it’s been a slow process.
7. Call my dad. He’s always calling me to say hi and just shoot the shit, but I very rarely return the favor. It would really make him happy to hear from me out of the blue, but I just don’t do it very often. Every time I see the caller ID come up with his name on it, I think, “damn, I should have called him first”. Maybe it’s repressed anger. Or maybe I’m just busy. Or maybe I’m just thoughtless. Maybe I should call right now while I am thinking about it.